Monday, May 5, 2008

Horrible dream about hell

A few nights ago I had one of those dreams that made me so glad I'm a Christian who will never have to experience eternal punishment. In the dream (which, thankfully, I knew was a dream), I died and went to hell. I came face-to-face with this man who apparently was Satan. I remember soemthing about a red face, yellow eyes and horns. I turned away from him and in every direction I turned I came face-to-face with an absolutely hideous creature. The ugliness I saw terrified me, in a way that told me there was zero hope.

It makes me wonder what it's like for people who die and go to hell. I can imagine they find themselves praying someone will revive them while others will quickly pray the sinner's prayer in a vain hope that it's not too late.

As far as hell/lake of fire, here's what I know: It's an eternal assault on your five senses; you'll spend all of eternity reliving all the countless opportunities you had to escape; you grapple with unbelievable, unrelenting agony from extreme heat, thirst, pressure and suffocation.

In other words, hell is as terrible as heaven is wonderful. Do whatever you can to avoid eternal punishment.

No comments: