Thursday, January 31, 2008

Update on My Two Shekels column

In the near future, My Two Shekels will resume at one of its former homes, www.saworship.com. I had temporarily discontinued it due to my family's financial situation and a feeling that I should severely curtail the writing I do for free. But after praying about it and discussing it with my wife, I contacted my editor at Saworship and expressed a willingness to continue. She's willing, so soon new MTS columns will be seen there. This blog, of course, will continue and consist of takes on Christian issues that are too short for columns, as well as additional comments I may have on columns.

For those of you who enjoy MTS and are glad it's going to resume, be sure to send a word of thank you to my friend Andy Knight at his Website Faith on Fire. While talking to him and his ministry in Connecticut and hearing of his burdens, it became clear to me that when it comes to ministerial writing, it is far more important to minister through the written word than it is to have a check to take to the bank. In the near future, I hope to write a profile on Andy.

No comments: