Monday, February 11, 2008

Comprehending God

When I attended Pensacola Christian College, I knew one student named Calel. The way he pronounced it, it rhymed with “pale”. I asked him once about the name’s origin. He explained that it’s Hebrew for a very fascinating phrase: “All of God.”

Calel’s name makes me think of just how vast and infinite God is. In fact, the Bible tells us in 2 Chronicles 6:18 that the universe cannot contain God. It really makes me think of just how dreadfully short we are of really even beginning to even remotely approach scratching the surface of understanding God. For now, we are given the Bible, which is often turned into the popular acronym Basic Information Before Leaving Earth. Heaven is likely to be the place where the real learning begins. It’s entirely possible that throughout eternity, Christians will be students at New Jerusalem University.

No comments: